Business is in Flux
Brand strategy matters now more than ever. COVID-19 is a health crisis first, but also, an economic one. Many businesses that we work with are feeling uneasy about the current economic situation and the long-term effects of COVID-19 on business. Financial markets are no doubt showing extreme symptoms. There is an unignorable sense of shutdown and although the world has faced other economic crises before, this time is different. Business leaders, VC funders, investors, consumers, and employees are unsure how long this will last and to what extent they must shift strategies. Even economists are uncertain of how to quantify the true impact.
As the initial shock of this new world fades, brands are being forced to transform the way they do business overnight, continually adapting, thinking, and acting with empathy and purpose. These companies are facing more difficult choices. Below are some brands that have made significant shifts to how they operate to put their brand forward in more meaningful ways.
- In early March, U-Haul provided free 30-day storage spaces for college students impacted by evacuations at university campuses amid school closures.
- Top Auto Insurers, like AllState offered customers refunds for not driving during COVID-19 crisis. Since so many consumers can’t hit the road, insurance companies agreed that there was no reason to ask customers to pay normal rates.
- Retail stores like Michaels, Ace Hardware, and Petco are offering curbside pickup services for a contactless way to purchase essential items.
- Dyson shifted innovation focus to ventilators.
- Local restaurants and chains have devoted profits to donate to healthcare providers experiencing a deficit in medical supplies and families in need.
So how can today’s brands start to adapt their offerings, reposition, shift and shift their communications, behavior, and marketing to maintain relevance and meaning in today’s turbulent world?
Brand Strategy Matters Now More than Ever
With much in flux and lots at stake, businesses need more customized brand solutions now more than ever. An external perspective can help businesses make sure their positioning, narrative, and go-to-market strategy are on track with shifting market trends and demands. Brand strategy has become more and more important to sustain a thriving, successful, and inspired business.
More Customized, More Tailored, More Agile
Business support needs to be more customized, tailored, and agile. Strategy has to move even faster in order to stay ahead and stand out. Positioning matters even more and brands need a strategy that is attuned to their specific needs, services, and current challenges.
Emotive Brand has listened to the needs of our clients and adapted our own client solutions in response. We have introduced a more agile approach to using strategy and design to solve business problems. More customized, easier to buy, lower commitment, and higher impact.
In Today’s World, Every Business Has Different Needs. We Help:
- Leaders who need a new corporate narrative to maintain relevance
- High-growth companies in need of an updated go-to-market strategy
- Struggling companies needing to invest in a turnaround strategy
- Corporate cultures that are off kilter because the company has grown too fast
- Companies facing demands for top-line revenue growth quarter after quarter
- Leadership teams having trouble formally articulating their brand purpose
- Companies struggling to recruit fast enough and attract the top talent they need to innovate and grow
- Websites that need an update to compete and convert
- Brands that need to reposition to stay competitive in a crowding market
- Brand identities that are falling flat and need a refresh
Whatever the issue, an external perspective will help you dive into matters and create customized and tailored solutions that overcome these challenges. A brand strategy that positions your business for success and helps your business thrive will weather the tides of 2020.
Learn more about our services that can help you transform your business and make your brand matter more.
Emotive Brand is a brand strategy and design agency in Oakland, California.
Illustration created by Starline